If you’re looking for a hassle free but delicious treat then you’ve come to the right place. I will be telling you how to make the lovely and very easy No Bake Malteser Cake.
I made this cake with my nephew Maxx recently and it turned out really well. The great thing about it is kids can get involved with lots of aspects of making it as it doesn’t require baking. Maxx’s favourite part was breaking all of the digestive biscuits with the rolling pin. The cake took around 15 minutes to make and was ready to eat after being refrigerated for a couple of hours.
100g (4oz) butter
200g (8oz) milk chocolate
3 tbsp golden syrup
225g (9oz) crushed digestive biscuits
225g (9oz) maltesers
- Add the butter, syrup and chocolate to a bowl and melt the content over the hob on a low heat. The mixture might curdle to start with but keep going until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Put the digestive biscuits into a sandwich bag and using a rolling pin to bash the biscuits until you are left with crumbs.
- Add the crushed digestive biscuits to the chocolate mixture and stir until the biscuit crumbs are evenly coated.
- Add the chocolate maltesers to the mixture and stir until everything is combined.
- Now add the mixture to a greased/lined baking tray (approx 9×7) and press the mixture down so it is level and compact.
- Refrigerate the cake for a couple of hours to let it set then remove from the baking tray and cut into squares.
- Final – ENJOY!
The result is a delicious cake that was easy to make but looks and tastes fantastic. Perfect for sharing with friends or having a cheeky slice or two with a cup of tea. From experience the cake is quite rich so I would advise cutting it into small squares.
Have you made this cake or a similar one? What did you think?