I can’t quite believe it, but it’s Christmas Eve today! Where did 2015 go? I know for many of us Christmas Eve is a really busy time, we will be picking up things we might have forgotten or ordered last minute, wrapping the last few presents and if you have children you will be trying make sure they have a fun time too. If you don’t have plans for Christmas Eve or have some spare time why not enjoy some of these fun festive ideas below.
- Have a Christmas movie day, or evening. If you aren’t quite feeling Christmassy yet (perhaps you don’t finish work until today) then why not enjoy a selection of Christmas movies. This is sure to get you into the Christmas spirit and there’s a great selection of movies, whether you’re looking for romance, comedy or an action film. I would highly recommend Elf, Home Alone, The Santa Claus or The Grinch.
- Put together your Christmas day outfit. I love choosing what to wear on Christmas day, If you love putting outfits together why not play the fun game below. There are more festive games available at Poki.com.
- Bake some Christmassy treats or build a gingerbread house. Why not make some Christmas treats to enjoy on Christmas day or you could make a gingerbread house. You can get pre made house pieces that you just ‘glue’ together with icing then add decorations. This is a lot of fun and definitely a fun thing to do if you have children. It you’re short on time you could try this easy no bake malteser cake, delicious but so simple.
- Christmas carols at the church. If you don’t have plans for tonight why not see if your local church or community centre are hosting a Christmas Eve celebration. There’s usually a lot of different events on Christmas Eve so it’s worth looking around.
- If you haven’t seen the Christmas lights yet for one reason or another why not take a trip locally to see the Christmas lights. You don’t have to travel far, you could have a walk around your local neighbourhood to enjoy the lights that people have decorated their houses with.
What are your plans for Christmas Eve?
I hope you all have a fun filled Christmas Eve!