Travelling can be enjoyable, but if you have a lengthy journey ahead it can pass slowly, especially if you don’t have anything with you to pass the time. If you’re a seasoned traveller you probably have many ways you keep yourself busy whilst you travel, but if you’re new to travelling and are looking for ideas to pass the time then the ideas below might help.
- Enjoy a movie. If you have a smartphone or tablet why not enjoy a movie or two, this will help pass the time quickly and you can enjoy a film which you might not have had the time to see yet. Alternatively, you could catch up on your favourite TV shows if you have a subscription to Netflix.
- If you enjoy reading but don’t normally have time to read a book, now might be the perfect opportunity. Dig out that book you have meant to read for the last two months. If you fancy some light reading why not bring a selection of your favourite magazines instead. If you don’t have room in your bag you could invest in a Kindle to store your favourite books and magazines.
- Play games. Whether it be games on your tablet, a book of puzzles or a game of ispy with the kids in the car it’s a great way to pass time. You can download a huge selection of free games from the App Store or Google Play store. Remember you need Wi-Fi to download the games but you can usually play them without an internet connection. If you enjoy playing games and winning, why not pass some time and maybe even win some spending money playing on sites like Mansion Casino. There are many different games available, including blackjack, roulette and slots to enjoy. There’s also some great offers available, including a welcome bonus.If a welcome bonus sounds good then take a look at Golden Bingo which offers probably the best bonus around as it’s spend only 10 and get £50.
- Catch up with some work. If you have an inbox full of e-mails or some work, you could get stuck into whilst you’re travelling it might be a good opportunity to get ahead. It’s always great to go away knowing you don’t have an inbox full of e-mails and a lot of work waiting for you when you get home. If you want to get work done on the go you could use Google Docs to write and store your work online and come back to it when you have time.
- If you have an iPod or mp3 player, why not fill it with your favourite songs before you leave. You can enjoy listening to some songs to pass the time, you could even download a free eBook if you want to listen to a story. If you don’t have a dedicated music device, you could get a subscription with Spotify and store all your favourite tunes on there and listen to them on the go.
There’s also a free 30-day trial which is perfect for trying the service when you’re heading off on holiday.
How do you pass your time when travelling?