What would Halloween be without a few creepy baking creations?!
If you love baking, Halloween and tasty food then you should definitely give this recipe for Black Cat Bakery Bread a try. I was contacted by Discount Supplements and asked to try out the tasty Halloween themed recipe. I was a little hesitant at first as I had never made bread before, but the recipe was really easy to follow and it turned out really well.
The recipe used ingredients that most of us have in our cupboards which is always handy, I also used some tasty Meridian Smooth Cashew Butter (optional) from Discount Supplements. Here’s how to make your own Black Cat Bakery Bread.
You will need:
- Meridian smooth cashew butter (optional)
- 200g glten-free white flour
- 3tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 50g sundried tomatoes
- 25g grated parmesan
- 1tsp tomato purée
- 285ml buttermilk
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C fan or gas mark 4.
- Mix the flour, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, tomato purée and oil.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Coarsely chop the sundried tomatoes and add to the mixture along with half the parmesan.
- Grease a 900g loaf tin and pour in the mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining parmesan on top and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a skewer into the middle comes out clean.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool and enjoy!