We’re almost at the end of another year, and what a year it’s been. Aside from the political and economic turmoil, there’s a tendency to feel despondent and a little jaded. We all seem to be working longer hours and quite frankly all we want to do is hibernate for the winter. But we still have one last push before Big Ben ushers in a brand new year. And that’s Christmas.
We all want to look and feel our best for the whirl of parties that are about to commence. How do you look sexy when you’re not really feeling it?
- Invest in some sexy lingerie. Forget your mismatching knickers and bra that are looking a little grey due to overwashing. Go for something a little more daring. Ranges like Tutti Rouge lingerie at Knicker Locker will make you look and feel more feminine, even if you’re the only one to see it. Make sure you find the right bra size. One-third of women in the UK are still wearing the wrong size. Finding lingerie that fits well will not only make you feel more comfortable, but it will create the right silhouette and help your clothing hang properly.
- Get a new do. You know those programmes where a team of experts completely transform your appearance? Much of this is down to the hairstyle. Changing your hair can alter your look completely. It alters the symmetry and contours of your face and can even enhance your best features. Take a trip to your hairdresser to get some idea. And take some time to give your hair a little TLC.
- Invest in well-fitting clothes. Forget the latest trends and fashions, opt for style instead. Find the shapes that suit your body type and invest in some new outfits. There’s a tendency to buy cheaply, purchasing lots of different garments. However, a low price usually equates to cheaply made. Spend a little extra and find clothes that flatter your figure. Mix and match items to optimise your outfit choices.
- Experiment with makeup. Do you stick to the same old colour palette, day in day out? It’s time to switch it up a bit. Leaf through some glossy magazines and watch some tutorials. It’s startling how transformative a bit of makeup can be. Start with the basics. A primer will the be basis for the rest of your makeup. Don’t skip this step. Then, find a foundation that suits your skin tone. This is easier said than done, but many companies now provide a colour matching service. Once you have nailed this, everything else will be a breeze. And remember, it’s party season so step out of your comfort zone.
- Accessorise, accessorise, accessorise. Finish the look with a few dazzling accessories. Add colour and texture or change the whole focus of your outfit. A few carefully chosen pieces of jewellery will give you a polished, well-groomed appearance.
Taking time to work on your appearance, even when you may not feel like it, will give you a boost and carry you through the festive season. So you can enjoy a happy, confident and sexy Christmas.