This post is an entry for BritMums ‘What’s for Dinner Tonight?’ sponsored by Schwartz. Find out more about the new 2in1 mixes here
We were recently sent 2 Schwartz 2in1 mixes sachets to try. We received the Garlic & Thyme Roast Chicken + Crispy Roast Potatoes and the Mediterranean Chicken Pasta + Cheesy Crumb Topping. Pasta is a firm favourite in our house so we were all really looking forward to trying the Mediterranean chicken dish.
It’s hard finding the time to cook things from scratch every day and that’s where the Schwartz 2in1 mixes come to the rescue as I found when I made the Mediterranean Chicken Pasta dish. Well with a little help from Maxx who grated some cheese and poured in the tomatoes, every little helps right?!
The great thing is there’s not a huge list of ingredients so the meal is quick and easy to make. I found the instructions easy to follow and the mixes there was plenty of topping in the sachet.
Below are the ingredients and directions to make your own Chicken Pasta + Cheesy Crumb Topping meal.
1 sachet Schwartz 2in1 Mediterranean Chicken Pasta + Cheesy Crumb Topping Recipe Mixes1 tbs oil450g (1lb) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced1 yellow pepper, chopped
150ml (5fl oz) water
400g tin chopped tomatoes
200g (7oz) pasta, cooked and drained
75g (3oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
1. Pre-heat the grill to a medium-high heat
2. Heat the oil and fry chicken for around 6-7 minutes until golden. Add in the pepper and cook for a further 2 minutes
3. Mix Mediterranean Chicken Pasta Recipe Mix with water and add to the pan with the tomatoes. Bring to a simmer, then stir in the pasta and heat through for 1-2 mins
4. Transfer to a baking dish and sprinkle with the Garlic & Herb Crumb Topping then add the grated cheese
5. Place under the grill for 4-5 mins until golden
We all really enjoyed the meal, the flavours and textures worked really well together and it was quick and easy to make, perfect for a tasty family meal.
A great thing about this meal is you can adapt the ingredients to suit you and your family’s taste. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
*We were sent 2 Schwartz mixes to take part in the competition. All thoughts and opinions are my own.