At the end of last year, I said goodbye to my 20’s and hello to my 30’s.
How my 20’s passed me by so quickly is a mystery, but here we are. It doesn’t feel like 2 minutes ago that I was at college and celebrating my 18th birthday. At 18 you feel like your 30’s are a lifetime away, but it comes around much quicker than you think. I’ll let you in on a little secret too, I don’t feel older, not really. I’m adulting, but I’m mostly winging it!
Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with being 30 (and beyond), but it makes you stop and think.
Personally, my 30’s have made me think about my goals for the next few years. Serious goals, such as buying a house, saving money etc. Turning 30 has also made me think about how quickly my 20’s went by and how I didn’t manage to do a lot of the things I wanted to do. For that reason, I have decided to make a list of 40 things I want to achieve/do/see before I turn 40. That gives me 10 years to tick off as many things as I can, and I plan to tick off a lot!
Depending on how quickly I start ticking off what’s on the list I will do an update at age 35. Some of the things on the list are very achievable, whilst others, although not impossible (nothing is impossible) will be harder to achieve.
I’m really excited about the list. Everything on it is something I would love to do, see or achieve. I want to live a life that’s filled with great memories from doing exciting things, from visiting amazing places and from pushing myself to achieve the things in life I really want to achieve.
Without further ado, and in no particular order, here’s my 40 before 40 list.
- Swim with sharks
- Go to Disneyworld Florida
- Eat a meal in a Michelin star restaurant
- Ride on the Oriental Express
- Swin with dolphins
- Go on a safari (not at the zoo, ha ha)
- Buy my own home
- Have a baby (need to meet someone nice first – minor detail, lol)
- Write a children’s book and get it published
- Go on a cruise
- Go to Disneyland Paris at Christmas (stay in the Disneyland Hotel)
- See the Northern Lights
- Watch Scotland play (Rugby or Football)
- Lose weight and get fit
- See a West End show
- Learn to drive
- Attend a blogging event
- Work on my anxiety
- Start horse riding again
- Get another pet (cat or dog)
- Start vlogging
- Attend a concert/festival every year
- Run a marathon/mud run/colour run
- Go wakeboarding/water skiing
- Go to a haunted house tour/scare event at Halloween
- Skydive for charity
- Win a blog award
- Go skiing
- Go scuba diving
- Visit the Great Barrier Reef
- Watch the sunset/rise on the beach
- Save 10k
- Take a photography course
- Finish decorating
- Donate blood every year
- Go on the Polar Express Christmas train
- Visit Lapland and go on a sled ride
- Go dolphin/whale watching
- Feed an elephant/giraffe
- Visit New York
What would be at the top of your list?