Do you ever get hair envy? I have to admit I envy people who have shiny hair, my hair always seems to be quite dull in comparison. I have recently been on the hunt for tips to help make my hair look and feel healthier, especially during the hotter Summer months. I have found a lot of really helpful tips that I thought I would share with you all.
I found the tips through reading blogs, magazines and also watching endless YouTube videos on how to get healthy hair. The tips I have shared below are perfect for men and women, I found a lot of tips for men’s hair care along the way too and thought it only fair to share a mixture. When I was looking for hair care tips I came across a YouTuber who was talking about having a hair transplant, I found the process fascinating and it was really refreshing to hear them discussing how they were affected by hair loss and seeing the results they achieved from the transplant. They didn’t mention hair transplant cost, but I know it can be a costly procedure. Seeing the difference it has made to the their confidence it has clearly been worth every penny, they look great.
Since I have been following some of the tips I have definitely noticed a difference in my hair. It feels a lot more hydrated and definitely looks shinier than it has in a long time. I think this might be down to limiting my use of hair straighteners. I’m loving how it looks and feels at the moment, I just hope when I dye it in the coming days I don’t ruin it – eek.
Along the way I found out that it’s especially important to give our hair some extra TLC during the hot summer months as the heat can play havoc with our locks. Hopefully you will find the tips below useful.
Top hair care tips
- Only wash your hair every 2-3 days. Washing your hair every day can strip your hair of the natural oils which keep it healthy. This can make your hair look dull and lifeless.
- Don’t use too much shampoo and conditioner. For short to medium hair use a dollop the size of a 20p and for long hair a dollop the size of a 50p should be enough.
- Shampoo your scalp and not your roots or ends.
- Keep use of your hair dryer, straighteners and other hot styling products to a minimum. If you do use them keep them to the lowest setting for your hair type.
- Use a natural bristle brush which is softer and less likely to damage your hair.
- After conditioning your hair rinse it with cold water. The cold water helps close the hair follicles which helps reduce frizz.
- Drink water and eat healthy. Drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water a day will not only keep your skin hydrated, but will also keep your hair hydrated and looking it’s best.
- Hair tends to look and feel dryer during the Summer months. Having your hair trimmed will get rid of any split ends and keep it looking its best.
There are hundreds of tips out there, but the above are some of the top tips and ones that have helped my hair look much healthier. If you know of any great hair care tips let me know in the comments, I’m always interested to hear what works for other people.