If you are looking for a fun, relaxing, and lavish break, one place that does not disappoint is the French Riviera. Situated on the south-eastern Mediterranean coast of France, it is a location that is famous all over the world, especially for the glamorous beach resorts such as Cannes and Saint-Tropez. If you are planning on visiting this location, read on to discover everything you need to know…
Some of the best reasons to visit the French Riviera
Before we provide you with some tips on where to go and what to do, let’s take a look at some of the best reasons to visit the French Riviera. This includes the following:
- You can get a sense of Nice’s Old Riviera, which offers a time-stained Old Town, blue chair-lined promenade, and bonbon-colour palaces.
- Take in the incredible views from the Eze.
- Experience the glitz and glam of Cannes, especially if your visit during the Cannes International Film Festival.
- Soak up the scene in St Tropez. This is the ultimate sun queen destination. You can look at apartments in Antibes if this is the sort of vacation you are looking for.
- Mingle with the best company. By this, we mean Picasso and other greats! Of course, not literally, but the superb art museums are incredible.
Some tips on visiting the French Riviera
Most locals would avoid going in July and August because this is the most popular time of the year, and so the beaches are crowded, the traffic jams seem endless, and the prices go up. For more value, go in the spring, or at the start or close of the summer. You should also make the most of free apps for local transport, film locations, monuments, and entertainment. To save money, having a larger meal at lunch is a good idea, as there are usually good offers on. Moreover, a Pass Isabelle Famille for the local rail station is a good option if you are holidaying with children under the age of 16.
Must-see spots in the French Riviera
There are some incredible spots to visiting in the French Riviera. We have already spoken about Cannes and St Tropez, but don’t forget Monaco – another spot that is a hit with the rich and the famous. The Monaco Grand Prix is an event not to be missed. However, if you are looking for more of a hidden gem, the town of Menton is exactly that. It offers boutiques, stunning coastal villages, and half the crowds!
So there you have it: everything you need to know about visiting the French Riviera. This is a place whereby luxury and serenity know no bounds. Follow the advice provided and you are guaranteed to have a trip to remember for all of the right reasons.